We kindly invite you to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand the way River Woods handles your personal data and what your rights you have in relation to River Woods.
By using the services of our website (http://www.riverwoods.net, hereinafter the "Website") (such as the customer service, the lace card) we assume that you agree with this Privacy Statement. If not, you are no longer entitled to use the Website and/ or make use of our services
The Privacy Statement is regularly updated. The most recent version of the statement is available on the Website. We will notify you via the usual communication channels if significant changes have been made.
Article 1 – In General
When processing your personal data, River Woods complies with the legal requirements, currently European Regulation No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on data protection (better known as 'GDPR') or any other legislative decision that modifies it.
The person responsible for the processing of your personal data is River Woods, with registered office at Noorwegenstraat 17, 9940 Evergem and registered in the K.B.O. under 0456.606.219.
Article 2 – Collected personal data
- Category 1: Your IP address when using the River Woods Website.
- Category 2: Your contact details, such as: first name, last name, e-mail address and optionally your gender and other personal details or characteristics when creating an account on our Website or loyalty card in one of our stores.
- Category 3: The details of your (previous) orders if you place an order on the Website. The data about your previous purchases in one of our stores.
- Category 4: Your e-mail address when you subscribe to our newsletter without creating an account.
- Category 5: Your address details and payment details when you place an order on our Website.
- Category 6: Your contact details such as name, e-mail address and telephone number when you request information from our customer service or when you request a loyalty card.
Article 3 – Purposes of the data processing
3.1. General purposes
Your personal data will only be processed for the next purposed, in particularly but not limited to:
- Category 1: We only use your IP address for the purpose of providing and improving our Website where your IP address can be included in anonymous statistics. The legal basis for this is the legitimate interests of River Woods to continuously improve the Website.
- Category 2 & 3: Your first name, last name, e-mail address, optionally your gender and details of (previous) orders we use for the purpose of managing your account on our Website and / or managing your customer card, with as a legal basis the execution of an agreement that was requested by you, and, if indicated by you, also for sending newsletters, with your explicit prior permission as a legal basis.
- Category 4: We use your e-mail address for sending newsletters, with your explicit prior consent as a legal basis.
- Category 5: We use your address details to make the order and delivery of the products ordered by you possible, with as a legal basis the provision of a service that you have requested for. Your payment details, such as name and account number, are only used to facilitate the payments with as legal basis the contractual relationship between River Woods and you as customer. This data is only fully visible by the regulated payment provider River Woods cooperates with. River Woods is only kept informed of the fact that the payment has been successful or not.
- Category 6: Your contact details such as name, e-mail address and telephone number are used by the customer service to provide you with information, this on the basis of the execution of an agreement that you have requested. We also ask for this information when you request a customer card, to keep track of your purchases, to be able to offer discounts and to forward promotions
3.2. Direct marketing
Your personal information can also be used for direct marketing purposes, such as sending promotions and information via e-mail.
If you are already included in our mailing list for receiving marketing materials in electronic form, River Woods may use your information to send direct marketing to River Woods, its subsidiaries and its services.
In addition, River Woods can also pass on your data to its partners, with a view to indirect marketing. However, this can only happen if you have given an additional explicit permission for this ("opt-in").
This permission can be withdrawn at any time, without justification and free of charge, for example by clicking on the appropriate cancellation link at the bottom of each promotional e-mail message. You can also contact River Woods via firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by a copy of your identity card.
3.3. Sharing of data
River Woods will be able to appeal to third parties for the execution of the agreement in order to carry out the requested service.
For example, to enable your order, we will pass on your details to delivery services and our distribution center.
If you liked our Facebook page, Facebook will also have access to this data and process it further.
3.4. Legal requirements
In rare cases, River Woods may have to disclose your personal information as a result of a court order or to comply with mandatory laws or regulations.
River Woods will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
Article 4 – Duration of data processing
- Category 1: Your IP address, when using the River Woods Website, is kept for the maximum duration of 1 month.
- Category 2 & 3: Your account or loyalty card details such as first name, last name, e-mail address, optionally your gender and details of your (previous) orders are kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. This means 3 years after the end of the contractual relationship, unless you exercise your right to be forgotten.
- Category 4: Your e-mail address will be kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. This means 3 years after the end of the contractual relationship, unless you exercise your right to be forgotten.
- Category 5: Your address details when you place an order on our Website are kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. This means 3 years after the end of the contractual relationship, unless you exercise your right to be forgotten. Your payment details are only kept by the payment provider in accordance with legally regulated retention periods.
- Category 6: Your contact details such as name, e-mail address and telephone number when you request information from our customer service are kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. This means 3 years after the end of the contractual relationship, unless you exercise your right to be forgotten.
Article 5 – Your rights as a datasubject
Under the current legislation, you have rights with regard to your personal data. You can exercise this by contacting River Woods, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with a copy of your identity card attached to it (it is only sufficient to forward the front of this card). This copy is only used to identify and authenticate your request. Thereafter, this data is immediately and permanently deleted.
5.1. Right of access
This means that you can ask River Woods: whether it processes your personal data, for what purposes this data is processed, which categories of data are processed, and to whom they are communicated.
5.2. Right to rectification, erase and limitation
This means you can ask River Woods: whether it processes your personal data, for what purposes this data is processed, which categories of data are processed, and to whom they are communicated.
5.3. Right to object
You have the right to object the processing of your data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to object the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes. In such a case, you do not have to give reasons.
5.4. A right of portability of data
You have the right to ask River Woods to forward your personal data to yourself or directly to another data processing officer to the extent that this is technically possible.
5.5. Right of withdrawal of consent
If the legal basis of the processing is your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw it.
5.6. Automated decisions and profiling
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, neither will you be subject to automated decisions.
5.7. The right to be forgotten
You have the right to be forgotten and to have your data completely deleted from our files to the extent that this does not obstruct a contractual provision or obligation on our part or from you. We will however keep your most important data for reasons to be able to prove that we have granted your request. This list will only be kept for 5 years. After that you no longer have the right to ask us to prove that we have granted your request.
5.8. Right to submit a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: Printing Press 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0) 2 274 48 00, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to submit a complaint occurs without prejudice to a provision for a civil court.
If you suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can submit a claim for compensation.
Article 6 – Safety and confidentiality
6.1. We have developed security measures adapted to technical and organizational standards to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or notification by mistake to third parties of Personal Data as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data.
6.2. Under no circumstances can River Woods be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of the Personal Data. You warrant that you have lawfully obtained the consent of the people on the uploaded or uploaded image and that you will fully indemnify and safeguard River Woods harmless against any claim by a third party against River Woods for unlawful processing of his Personal Data.
6.3. You must comply with the safety regulations at all times, for example by preventing any unauthorized access to your login. You are therefore solely responsible for the use made of the Website of your computer, IP address and your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Article 7 – Access by third-parties
In order to process your personal data, we grant access to your personal data to our employees to the extent that this is necessary for one of the described purposes of processing.
Article 8 – Cookies
8.1. What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as a HTTP cookie, a web cookie or a browser cookie, is usually a small text file send from a website and stored in the user's web browser while a user is browsing on a website. When the user in the future surfs on the same Site, the data stored in that cookie can be retrieved by the website in order to notify the website of the last activity of that user. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the status of the website or the previous user activity of a certain user. They help us to optimize your visit to the Site, to remember technical choices (e.g. language, newsletter, etc.) and to show more relevant services and offers. If you wish to consult the Site, River Woods encourages you to enable cookies. However, if you choose to not do this, you are always free to disable the cookies.
Cookies may include clicking on certain buttons, logging-in or a record of the pages which were visited by the user, even months or years ago. Although cookies cannot contain viruses and cannot install malware on the host computer, tracking cookies, and especially third-party tracking cookies are often used as ways to establish long-term data from the browser history of individuals together. This implies major privacy concerns that gave rise for European and US lawmakers to take action in 2011.
8.2. Types of cookies
This Website uses different types of cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies: As the name suggests, these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to surf the Site or to provide certain functions you requested.
· Functionality cookies: These cookies improve the functionality of the Site by remembering your preferences. For example, you can set up your profile on the homepage.
· Tracking Cookies: These cookies will survive user sessions. When a permanent cookie its Max-Age is set at one year, then, within that year, the initial value – stored in that cookie – shall be sent back to the server each time the user visits the server. This is done to save a vital piece of information, such as how the user initially came to the Site. For this reason they are also called tracking cookies. For example, once you have chosen your preferred language, the Site will record your preference in a persistent cookie and save it in your browser. When you visit the Site again, it will use that persistent cookie to ensure that the content is delivered in the desired language.
· Third party cookies: In order to support its communications, River Woods has anchored its content in social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter and River Woods makes use of the sharing features on social networks. The channels that River Woods uses, may contain cookies of these websites and River Woods does not verify this. You should consult the relevant website of these third parties to learn more about these cookies.
We use the information collected about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that the site's content is displayed in the way that is most effective for you and your computer.
· To be able to provide information, products and services that you have requested, or that we think may be relevant for you if you have given your consent to be contacted for such purposes.
· To fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
· To make it possible for you to participate in the interactive features of our service, if you have selected to do so.
· To inform you of changes related to our service.
· To help us offer and deliver successful events and exhibitions.
· To provide aggregated statistics to reliable third parties about our customers, types of browsers, operating systems, Internet, domain, profile information and demographic data, web traffic patterns and a variety of other related site information. These statistics do not contain personally identifiable information.
· To provide information for similar purposes to the service desk of our agencies.
· If you are an existing customer, we will contact you only using electronic means (e-mail or text message) with information about products and services that may be relevant for you.
· If you are a new visitor, and if we have given permission to third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
8.4. Consent regarding cookies
8.5. Consent regarding cookies
Many Internet browsers offer the option to alert you before a cookie is stored, or to block all cookies.
Please be aware that if you delete our cookies or block future cookies, you may no longer have access to certain parts or features of our website. This may mean, for example, that you could experience difficulties when logging on. More information about deleting or managing cookies is available on www.AboutCookies.org.
- Apple Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
All other browsers: Find a "help" function in the browser or contact the supplier/ manufacturer of the browser.
If you have further questions or comments regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us by e-mail to email@example.com.
More information about cookies can also be found at: http: //www.allaboutcookies.org/
More information on online behavioral advertising and online privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Article 9 – Applicable law and jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement is governed, interpreted and executed in accordance with Belgian law, that is exclusively applicable to this Privacy Statement.